Chocolate – Contains More Than 40% of Pure Cocoa For a More Revitalized, Plumper and Firmer Skin
Chocolate contains more polyphenols and flavanols than many other plant-based foods that are deemed “super fruits” in the nutrition industry.
Flavonoids are phytonutrients found in cocoa that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Flavonoids help skin to reflect UV light, which contributes to improved skin appearance by reducing photo damage and collagen breakdown.
Chocolate (cacao) is also rich in minerals including magnesium, copper, and potassium and iron, all of which promote cell growth. These minerals are especially important if you have eczema.. Magnesium is the most prominent mineral in cacao, and magnesium is a mineral the body just can’t do without. Aside from its many other benefits and roles in the body, magnesium has been shown to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, clear pimples, and relieve allergic skin conditions.
- Cocoa reduces stress hormones that can lead to collagen breakdowns in the skin. Some of the benefits of chocolate Body Scrub treatments include:
- Firms the skin – The caffeine present in chocolate stimulates the circulation and improves blood flow. This in turn improves and invigorates skin cells, decreases the aging process and increases firmness of the skin.
- Rich in anti-oxidants – The darker the chocolate, the more powerful are the antioxidant properties. It can promote new cell growth with its antioxidants and minerals.
- Antioxidants also help increase the level of collagen and elastin in the skin and thereby reduce the effects of aging. Fine lines and wrinkles can be treated with regular chocolate treatments as antioxidants lessen the damage caused by free radicals in the body.
- As a moisturizing agent – Cocoa butter contains high amounts of natural oils and emollients necessary for treating dry, rough and flaky skin.
- Good for cellulite – Chocolate contains theobromine that helps burn fat and get rid of cellulite.
- Calming effects – Who hasn’t calmed down after biting into a chunk of chocolate? In much the same way, a chocolate massage helps reduce stress and tension and eases tight and sore muscles.
In Summary benefits of Chocolate in Skin:
- Nourishes and softens dry skin • Great for Cellulite • Acts as a deep moisturizer • Antioxidants may help reduce free radical damage • Can smooth out wrinkles • Makes skin appear more supple and smooth • Can calm and heal irritated skin • Promotes healthy detoxification of skin cells • Can promote the skin cell renewal process • Rejuvenates the skin from inside out • Can increase circulation to the skin.